I chose to do the mashup of one of our favorite musical artists. I chose Hillsong United, a Christian band with roots in Australia. I love love love them and all of their music. I chose 5 different songs, and you will hear them in this order when you listen to my track: (1) Oceans, (2) I Surrender, (3) One Thing, (4) Still and (5) Touch the Sky. Below is how I completed the assignment:
- Search for and download mp3 audio files of your favorite artist/songs. I used a website called MP3Juices, where you can search for a specific artist and download the mp3 file directly to your desktop.
- Use Audacity to mix/mashup audio files.
- Import mp3 files to Audacity.
- Trim the selected songs to the desired times you would like to play in the mashup.
- Use the “Selection Tool” to highlight the select times in the individual files you would like to use.
- After selecting the sections, click the “Trim Audio” button. Repeat these steps for the remaining audio files you’ve uploaded.
- At this point, you can move the different audio segments around into a certain order using the “Time Shift Tool”.
- When finished, go to “File”, then “Export Audio”. Save as an MP3 file.
- Upload to SoundCloud and publish for everyone to listen!