I completed An Album Cover for my second visual assignment this week for 2.5 stars.
[So here’s something fun for everyone to do, should be quick and easy, but try to make it pretty. First, go here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random The title of the article is now the name of your band. Next, go here:http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 Go to the bottom of the page. The last four to five words of the last quote are the title of your first album Lastly, go here:http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days Select the 3rd image. It is the picture for your album cover. Manipulate the picture, resize it, add some other color, whatever. Do the same with the band name and album title, put them over top. However you wanna do it. Make it look cool.]
I actually really enjoyed this one! I liked the randomness of each response given because there are so many unique and creative things you can do with the variety of options people got when picking their quotes and pictures. Again, for this assignment I used Pixlr to edit. I will go into a further tutorial below.
Here’s how I completed the assignment:
- Follow the links listed in the instruction, taking note of each random assignment for Band Name, Album Name, and Album Cover.
- Go to Pixlr.
- Use Pixlr Editor.
- Upload the random image for the Album Cover.
- For text (Band & Album Name):
- Use the Type Tool (represented by the “A” symbol in the Tools section on the left hand side.
- Type in the text exactly as assigned for the Band Name and Album Name.
- Adjust text size, color, and font to desired setting.
- For the Album Cover Image:
- Use the Adjustment feature listed at the top of the page, or the Filter feature.
- Choose desired layers, filters, etc. (For this image, I used “Sepia”, and I also adjusted the “Pixel” sizes.)
- When image completed, save and upload to website of your choice. (I uploaded these to my flickr account.)
As far as this band and album go, if they were real, I’d probably listen to some of the songs! I imagine they’d have a down-to-earth, alternative sound to most of their songs, which is typically the kind of music I’ll listen to on a daily basis. “Drawing the Line Somewhere” makes me think that the songs on this album are about boundaries, both personal and relational. Maybe this artist just suffered a break-up or wants to pave a new way for themselves, cutting off ties/drawing the line. They aren’t going to take any more crap from anybody! They’re moving on. And Lichen Planus is actually a kind of skin rash, gross, but I thought it was cool that I got a random image of a plant which kind of correlates with the word Lichen? Who knows, but I enjoyed this assignment!